Our government is investing in community-driven and youth-led projects to improve the well-being of children, youth, and families facing economic and social barriers.
Today, Minister Dunlop, alongside Premier Doug Ford and Deputy Premier and Minister of Health Christine Elliott, announced the Government of Ontario is investing more than $13 million to support children, youth and families through the 2020 Youth Opportunities Fund, a province-wide initiative that creates opportunities for young people and empowers and supports parents, guardians and caregivers.
- Grass-roots and community-led organizations often know what is most needed in their neighbourhoods. We want to help them improve their communities and provide supports that are currently needed.
- Our government is helping youth and community-led grassroots organizations across the province access new opportunities, develop new skills and build stronger connections within their communities.
- The Youth Opportunities Fund provides financial support to local, community-driven and youth-led projects that focus on improving the wellbeing of children, youth, parents and families facing multiple barriers.
- Grantees will deliver programs that support children, youth and families to develop new skills, build economic empowerment, and strengthen relationships within their communities.
- This is just one of the many ways our government is taking action to support racial and marginalized communities across Ontario.