We know that seniors have been particularly impacted by the social isolation caused by Covid-19. It is essential that we work to keep our seniors safe and connected to our communities, and ensure that the systems of support they need are put into place and strengthened.
• Our government is helping older adults stay safe, healthy and connected in their communities as they self isolate during the COVID-19 outbreak.
• We are launching an updated Seniors Community Grant Program and investing up to $4 million, focusing on supporting projects that deliver remote programing such as phone or video conferencing.
• This year grants range from $1,000 to $100,000 and will help non-profit organizations develop programs for seniors that focus combatting social isolation, promoting seniors’ safety and well-being, and making communities age-friendly.
• Eligible organizations are encouraged to visit the ministry’s website at: www.ontario.ca/seniors to learn more about the Seniors Community Grant Program and how to apply.
• The deadline for all applications is August 7, 2020 at 5PM EST.
• As seniors self-isolate from home during COVID-19, it’s important to find new ways to combat the affects of social isolation.