Today, Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, announced our government is supporting innovation and helping to strengthen local economies by investing over $2.6 million in three businesses in Guelph through the Regional Development Program, supporting a total investment of $23 million in domestic manufacturing and chemical processing by the Ontario government and participating businesses. This investment will help attract local investment, create 45 jobs and help retain over 370 jobs in Guelph.
- Our government is helping strengthen local economies by investing over $2.6 million through the Regional Development Program to support total investments of $23 million in three innovative manufacturing and chemical processing businesses in Guelph. The Program will help attract local investment, create 45 jobs and retain over 370 jobs in Guelph.
- Today at Walinga we announced three Regional Development Program projects in Guelph. Ontario is providing $1,125,000 for Walinga Inc. to invest in expanding its facility and purchasing new equipment. The project will help the company expand sales into foreign markets, mainly to the United States, Mexico and Australia.
- Walinga will invest $6.375 million and together with Ontario’s support, the total investment for the project is $7.5 million.
- We’re also proud to support two other Guelph companies:
- PDI Bulk is getting RDP support of $750,000 to invest in specialized equipment and introduce a new process to blend frozen chemicals, enter a new segment of the chemical processing sector, and diversify its customer base. PDI Bulk will invest $4.25 million and together with Ontario’s support, the total investment for the project is $5 million.
- Newton Group is receiving $800,000 to expand its facility, buy equipment and add a new production line and building system for the construction market. The new advanced manufacturing equipment will include robotics, which will help the company improve productivity and remain competitive. Newton Group will invest $9.5 million and with Ontario’s support, the total investment for the project is $10.3 million.
- We launched the Regional Development Program in the fall of 2019 as part of our government’s commitment to transform business supports to deliver value for money for taxpayers and create sustainable opportunities for businesses and communities in eastern and southwestern Ontario.
- As Ontario turns the corner on COVID-19, we are focused on growth and economic recovery. These projects will make a significant impact on local economies throughout the province. They will enable long-term measurable outcomes, including private-sector investments, job creation, job retention and regional growth.