Today, Minister Romano announced our government is making it easier for Ontarians to renew their important documents, including licence plate stickers, driver’s licences and health cards, by introducing the option for people to receive digital reminders.
Ontarians can now choose to receive emails, texts or voicemails up to 60 days in advance of their renewal date. Once they receive their digital reminder, customers can renew their documents through ServiceOntario.ca, where over 40 transactions are available online 24/7. Ontarians can sign up for digital reminders today at Ontario.ca/Reminders.
· Our government is introducing ServiceOntario digital reminders to make it easier for Ontarians to remember to renew their driver’s licence, licence plate sticker and health card.
· Eligible Ontarians can now sign up to receive automated emails, text messages or phone call reminders up to 60 days before it’s time to renew their licence plate sticker, driver’s licence or health card.
· Digital reminders are a mobile-friendly, convenient option to ensure Ontarians don’t miss their renewal dates. Signing up is simple and fast and can be done by visiting Ontario.ca/Reminders.
· Enhancing ServiceOntario’s online services is part of Ontario’s plan to make government services easier to use, more convenient, and accessible during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
· Our government is committed to safeguarding the sensitive personal data entrusted to us by the people and businesses of this province and has implemented strong digital security and online protections to protect the digital delivery of government services.