· Today, the Ontario government released the fourth Rowan’s Law progress report, profiling the province’s leadership in concussion safety. The report outlines the successful implementation of the majority of the recommendations of the Rowan’s Law Advisory Committee.
· Ontario is a world leader in concussion safety and the first jurisdiction in Canada to pass concussion safety legislation.
· This year marks the fifth annual Rowan’s Law Day. Rowan’s Law is the cornerstone on which the government is building a safe sport culture for all athletes.
· Concussion safety includes being aware of the lingering impacts concussions have on an athlete’s physical, emotional and mental health. Knowing what to do if a concussion happens can save lives.
· Concussions represent more than 1 in 5 Ontario student injuries treated by a physician or nurse practitioner. Ontario students who report a head injury are more than twice as likely to report high emotional distress and less success in academics. : Ontario Recognizes Fifth Annual Rowan’s Law Day | Ontario Newsroom