Today, Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development joined by MPP Deepak Anand, his Parliamentary Assistant, to announced that our government is graduating over 100 new health and safety inspectors and launching a new online tool to help businesses develop safety plans for their workplaces. These actions build on efforts across government to continuing to protect workers and people from COVID-19.
Our 100 new health and safety inspectors will be visiting workplaces in construction, industrial and health care settings. With the support of provincial offences officers, the inspectors will be deployed to help educate workers and businesses about the newly-launched vaccine certificate.
The new Workplace Safety Plan Builder is a free interactive tool that makes it easier for workplaces to create and update their COVID-19 safety plans and it also helps businesses stay on top of health and safety guidance. The tool was developed specifically to support small businesses and was designed with their input.
- As we fight the fourth wave of COVID-19, we need all hands on deck and our government is committed to ensuring that workers and businesses have what they need to stay safe.
- Today, more than 100 new health and safety inspectors are graduating and will be visiting workplaces in construction, industrial and health care settings.
- These new boots on the ground will make our inspectorate the largest ever in Ontario’s history and will help ensure businesses are aware of and follow health and safety measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 and prevent other workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Our government’s inspectors will be patient, lead with education, and be reasonable to business owners and frontline workers implementing the vaccine certificate.
- We are also launching a free online portal where employers can quickly and easily identify and assess risks in their workplace and create a safety plan to help keep their workers safe.
- This online platform will assist employers in creating a customized plan for their unique working environment, and adapt it as circumstances change.
- Our safety plan builder is here to help our local merchants and shopkeepers create and adjust their plans with the click of a button, having confidence they’re following the latest health and safety measures for their employees and customers.