With more than 76% of Ontarian adults having received a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and over 30% fully immunized, Ontario is accelerating second dose eligibility to all individuals aged 18 and over across the province.
Starting Monday, June 28, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., all Ontarians aged 18 and over who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine will be eligible to book an appointment to receive their second ahead of schedule. This will accelerate second dose eligibility for approximately 1.5 million Ontarians.
We are also further expanding eligibility for accelerated second doses in Delta hot spots to ensure a strong level of protection against COVID-19 and variants. Beginning Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., youth aged 12 to 17 who live in a Delta hot spot (Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel, Porcupine, Simcoe-Muskoka, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph and York public health units) are eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment through the provincial booking system, directly through public health units that use their own booking system, and through participating pharmacies.
- Ontario’s vaccine rollout continues to pick up speed, allowing us to provide more second doses ahead of schedule while supporting our communities most at risk.
- Starting Monday, June 28, at 8:00a.m., all Ontarians aged 18 and over who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine will be eligible to book an appointment to receive their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine ahead of schedule.
- Our government continues to take action to protect communities with the highest rates of Delta variant transmission. Beginning Saturday, June 26, at 8:00 a.m., youth aged 12 to 17 who live in a Delta hot spot are eligible to book a second dose appointment ahead of schedule through the provincial booking system, public health units that use their own booking system, and participating pharmacies.
- Starting this week, provincially supported mobile teams have begun returning to community and workplace sites to support second dose clinics in Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Toronto, Peel and York region hot spots, with two pop-up teams and additional vaccination staff helping to accelerate first and second doses in priority communities in Waterloo.
- Vaccines remain the best defence against COVID-19 and variants and we encourage everyone to get their first or second dose at their earliest opportunity to keep themselves, their families and our communities safe.