Today, Hon. Caroline Mulroney released a News Release and 511 mobile app to support truck drivers across Ontario. The free app will make it easier for truck drivers to find traveler information such as rest areas, construction and road closures. It also features a drive mode that provides audio alerts to inform drivers of upcoming incidents or closures to help navigate the safe delivery of goods for Ontarians.
- Our truck drivers deserve our respect, our thanks, and our help to stay safe, while they work to keep Ontario’s supply chain strong during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- That is why our government is piloting a new free 511 app, giving truck drivers ready access to the information they need while delivering essential goods across the province.
- The Ontario 511 app provides up to date highway information, including construction, collisions, road closures, and images from over 600 cameras, and identifies open rest areas and locations throughout the province that offer food and fuel.
- The app includes an easy to use map view and features a drive mode that provides hands free audio alerts.
- Our government remains committed to supporting the trucking industry so that they can keep goods moving and provide Ontarians with the supplies they need.